The Sault Ste. Marie Police Service is currently looking for applicants who are interested in becoming a Special Constable. If you are interested in joining the organization please read the below requirements to learn more about this career path.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact the Staff Sergeant – Uniform Recruitment by phone, 705-949-6300 ext. 238.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Be of good moral character and habits.
- Never have been convicted of a Criminal Offence committed in any jurisdiction for which a pardon has not been granted. Provide proof of date of birth in order to verify this information.
- Be prepared to undergo and successfully complete a structured interview, comprehensive background investigation along with medical testing, vision field-testing, auditory standard testing, fitness testing and any other job-appropriate tests as set by the Service.
- Be qualified in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid.
The Sault Ste. Marie Police Service’s selection standards are high. If you are not presently able to minimally meet all of these standards, you may want to consider taking time to improve your level of competitiveness.
The Special Constable Application can be found here.
Please contact Uniform Recruitment for further information on how to submit your application.
ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Conditions of Employment for the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service
It is a fundamental condition of employment that you agree to:
- Submit your fingerprints for the purpose of a complete records check.
- Observe the Rules and Regulations and instructions laid down for the government of the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service.
- The verification of the statements made on the Special Constable Application.