Uniform Recruitment Information: 705-949-6300 ext. 238
The Sault Ste. Marie Police Service is currently looking for volunteers for the position of Auxiliary Constable.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Be at least 20 years of age.
- Have successfully completed at least 4 years of secondary school education or have equivalent experience.
- Be able to meet visual field and colour vision standards.
- Never have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Be prepared to participate in and successfully complete a behavioural descriptive interview, full background investigation along with all medical, physical, and psychological tests as required.
- Have a valid driver’s licence with no more than 6 demerit points.
- Be qualified in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid prior to any offer of employment being made.
- Be of good moral character and habits.
- Be willing to commit to a minimum of three (3) events per month, including training.
Applicants should be prepared to undergo and successfully complete a structured interview, full background investigation along with medical testing, vision field-testing, auditory standard testing, fitness testing, and any other job-appropriate tests as set by the Police Service.
The Sault Ste. Marie Police Service’s selection standards are high. If you are not presently able to minimally meet all of these standards you may want to consider taking time to improve your level of readiness by working towards those areas in which you are deficient.
To prepare yourself for the required fitness testing, visit Police Fitness Personnel Ontario (PFPO) for a full breakdown of the tests you will be required to perform. Download the Shuttle Run file to prepare for the test MP3 WAV M4A.
The Auxiliary Constable Application , Duties and Expectations and Application Survey can be found here.
ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Electronic applications AND your resume can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only those candidates selected for testing will be acknowledged.
Conditions of Employment for the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service
It is a fundamental condition of employment that you agree to
- Submit your fingerprints for the purpose of a complete records check.
- Observe the Rules and Regulations and instructions laid down for the government of the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service.
- The verification of the statements made on the Auxiliary Constable Application.