IN AN EMERGENCY CALL 9-1-1
Welcome to the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service Online Reporting System.
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please confirm the following to determine if filing an online report is right for you.
- To file a report online you must ensure the incident occurred within the Municipality of Sault Ste. Marie or Prince Township.
- You must have a valid email address to use this system.
- If there is a known suspect you CANNOT make an online report, you must call Sault Police at 705-949-6300.
- If there is evidence at the scene you CANNOT make an online report, you must call Sault Police at 705-949-6300.
- We do not accept reports filed on behalf of another person.
- Turn off any pop-up blocking software before filing your report.
If online reporting is not applicable in your case, contact the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service at 705-949-6300.
WHAT REPORTS CAN BE SUBMITTED ONLINE?
- Theft from Vehicle (Under $5,000)
- Theft (Under $5,000)
- Lost Property
- Mischief or Damage Caused to a Vehicle
- Mischief or Damage Caused to Property
- Lost/Stolen License Plate
- Bicycle Registration
- Supplementary or Additional Information Report
- Break and Enter to Shed or Detached Garage or Outbuilding
- Gasoline Drive Away (Obtaining Fuel Without Paying)
- Shoplifting/Retail Theft
- To report online exploitation of children visit cybertip.ca
REPORT FILING TIPS
- The Gasoline Drive Away and Shoplifting/Retail Theft reports are intended for representatives of a business
- Once you click the "Submit Report" button, you will receive a confirmation email stating your report has been submitted.
- Your report will be assigned a temporary report case number.
- You will be forwarded a copy of the information you submitted to keep for your records.
- Monitor your email to ensure you receive confirmation from an officer. If you cannot locate an email, please check your junk folder.
AFTER YOUR REPORT IS FILED
- Your report should be reviewed within two business days.
- Upon review, if further investigation is warranted, you may be contacted for more information.
WHAT IS NEXT?
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click "Get Started" to begin.
If the incident you would like to report is not listed in the category selection list, please contact the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service at 705-949-6300.