On September 1, 2021 officers with Traffic Services along with enforcment partners with the Ministry of Transportation and the Ontario Provincial Police conducted a proactive traffic initiative.
The focus of the initiative was to inspect vehicles for modified or removed mufflers that don’t comply with provincial legislation.
During the initiative officers conducted the following;
- 652 Vehicles Triaged
- Nine Charges Issued for Muffler Violations
- 11 Charges Issued for Other Violations, Three for Unsafe Vehicles
- Seven Level 1 Inspections
- 12 Level 2 Inspections
- Nine Drivers or Vehicles were Deemed Out of Service
- Two Vehicles were Off-Loaded, and
- Three Licence Plates were Removed.