One Charged with Firearm Related Offences
On May 13, 2022, officers with Patrol Services charged 40-year-old Travis Parsons with firearm related offences.
On April 28, 2022, the accused and the victim were at his residence when an altercation took place. He stole a shotgun from the victim, pushing them to the ground in the process and striking them with the gun. The victim, known to the accused, called police. At that time, the accused returned the shotgun to the victim, and the victim left the area.
An investigation ensued and officers requested for and were granted a warrant for the accused’s arrest. He was located on May 13, 2022, and arrested on the strength of the warrant.
He is charged with,
- Robbery to Steal Firearm
- Possession of a Weapon Obtained by Crime
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Careless use of a Firearm
- Assault with a Weapon
- Use of Firearm in Commission of an Offence
- Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Fail to Comply with a Probation Order x3
He was held in custody pending a bail hearing.