Civilian Part-Time Relief
We are actively looking for professionals to join our team of civilian staff members. Currently there are positions available to be a Part-Time Relief staff member.
In addition to the requirements set out on the Service’s website for the position of civilian employee part-time relief staff, all successful applicants must:
• be subject to an extensive background and satisfactory reference check
• be prepared to participate in and successfully complete an extensive period of training
• after having successfully completed the period of training be prepared to work a flexible schedule including short notice call-out and a variety of shift schedules
Applications will not be accepted from persons whose occupation or lifestyle, in the opinion of the Chief of Police, may pose a conflict of interest with the duties of a civilian employee of the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service.
In determining successful candidates for the position consideration will be given to the needs of the organization and the most qualified candidate may not always be the individual selected for the position.
If you are interested in applying, please read the description below and fill out the Civilian Application Form.
Title: Part-time Relief Staff
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Supervisor, Information Services, Support Services Division
Status: Part-time (minimum 20 hours/week)
Hours & Salary: Shift Work / $22.23 – $31.23 per hour (2017), depending on assignment (Job Classes I – VI)
Job Summary: Relieve full time civilian positions as required, including but not limited to 12 hour shift clerks, 911 police communicators, and general clerical assignments.
Essential Duties: Transcribing reports, data input computer systems, relieving 911 police communicators
Secondary Duties: General office duties, typing, filing, document retrieval and distribution
- Grade 12 Secondary Diploma
- Excellent typing and keyboarding skills (min. 35 wpm)
- Computer awareness/ Word processing
- Good judgment and assessment skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Initiative, discretion, and the ability to work well under high stress and pressured situations
Equipment Used: Personal computer, dispatch/telephone console, Microsoft Software, RMS NICHE, CPIC, Photocopier, Fax
This job description is only an outline of the major duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not a detailed list of every duty associated with the position; duties may be added at any time.
Fill out the application form
For more information please contact the Human Resources Assistant Cindy Rainone by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling (705) 949-6300 Ext. 336.